Saturday, August 11, 2012

Uprising Yoga


"THE MOMENT YOU VALUE YOURSELF, THE WHOLE WORLD VALUES YOU."
-
 YOGI BHAJAN

UPRISING YOGA IS A ORGANIZATION BRINGING YOGA TO AT-RISK YOUTH. WE ARE CURRENTLY TEACHING IN JUVENILE HALL AND CREATING A PROGRAM IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY FOR CSEC (COMMERCIALLY SEXUALLY EXPLOITED CHILDREN).

OUR MISSION IS TO CREATE AN EMPOWERING PROGRAM OFFERING TO HEAL AT RISK YOUTH, CREATING A SAFE PLACE TO CONFIDENTLY CONQUER CHALLENGES.

www.uprisingyoga.org







Suzanne Hansen and Jill Weiss
Jill Weiss, her fiance' Nick Ippolito, and I met last Sunday for 10:30am yoga at Bikram Yoga Manhattan Beach (Yea! BYMB) and after brunch at "Rock'n Fish" in Manhattan Beach, CA to get better acquainted and express our passion for "Uprising Yoga" to each other.

Jill, as the Founder of Uprising Yoga and herself a "Bikram Yoga" Instructor at BY HDQ, is pioneering this amazing non-profit organization.  She has put together a handful of talented, volunteer "BY" instructors including herself, who are going to Juvenile Hall once a week and teaching yoga to help the young people regain self respect and dignity so they can go out into the world with new hope for a better life.

This yoga practice is making a deep emotional and spiritual impact on the young people who make a choice to join in the classes.  They, for maybe the only time in their lives, are learning they are valuable, they have purpose, and they can rise above circumstances that have been beyond their control.  This yoga empowers them to see themselves as Overcomers!

Diane Stein
Jill's beautiful mom
Wearing Heart Necklace 
My goal, is to provide support for this program, through the sales of my jewelry.  I donate 40% of my sales in hopes that the program will grow beyond Los Angeles and find its way across america and into the world helping more and more children.  The fulfillment you have when you wear my jewelry is knowing that you are Rising Up to help victims of child sex trafficking.  The jewelry is an opportunity to tell someone else about the program that they may join in and support UPY as well.

I have been involved in Bikram Yoga for a relatively short period of time.  August 7, 2012 marks my practice regularly for a full year ;o).  The stability, peace of mind, strength of mind, body and soul has made such an impact on my life that I know, personally, the positive effect it can and does have on these young people.

Jill calls me Uprising Yoga's "Ambassador".  I'm honored.  I shy away from titles but this one - makes me happy.  Thank you Jill for making this program available for me to be called an "Ambassador".  I couldn't be more proud to be part of your endeavor.  I will spread the word in any way I can to help you succeed.

Namaste'      (The Spirit in Me Honors the Spirit in You)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...