Friday, August 10, 2012

Fishin in Wyoming - Suzanne's Art Glass


Nostalgia...



Today I am putting a piece together that I've been thinking about for a long time.  Being raised in Wyoming, I have a fondness for trout fishing.  So, when I came across a way to etch this fish onto copper I became emotionally involved.  Didn't realize it at the time, so today when I started working on it again, before I knew it I was putting him/her together as a fish being drawn out of the water after being hooked on a fly fisherman's line, complete with the fishing lure and all.  I had to stop and think for a moment.  Where is this coming from?  No one will be able to relate to this necklace unless they've had the pleasure of pulling a fighting trout out of a fresh, icy cold, lively, running stream in the mountains of Wyoming.

As I looked at the incomplete compilation, I began to take myself back to Wyoming and remember what it was like to grow up in the Rocky Mountains, fishing in trout streams like it was something that everyone had experienced.  I realize now what a unique opportunity it was to be an inhabitant of such a beautiful and sparsely populated state.  I can finally appreciate the joy I experienced as a child.  I knew how to tie a fish hook onto a line along with a tiny weight that I had to bite onto the fishing line and thread a worm or "western bumblebee" on the hook or sometimes both so I could catch two at a time.   Nothing like that experience.  I don't know if it is possible to pass that kind of passion on while sharing how unimaginable the whole experience was.  Just another fish tale.  The wonderful taste of that freshly fried fish in a cast iron skillet over a campfire.  I especially loved to bite into that crispy tail.  Now, of course, I would thank the fish for giving its life that I might have food to eat...;o)

When the piece is finished I'll be sure to post pics.  I just had to share my happy and peaceful thoughts while doing my favorite thing;  creating jewelry just for you, drawing from the experiences I've had in life so far...

I'm a very blessed woman.

Peace and Love
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...