Saturday, December 3, 2011

Here I am - back on the Torch! Hurray!

Here I am back at the torch today!  Yea...spent the entire day making round beads practicing hairfine stringer stripes and perfectly curved lines.  A technique I recently learned from Claudia Trimbur-Pagel.  Thank you Claudia.  I am bound and determined to make beautiful perfect lines just like you when I grow up.

Not as easy as it sounds.  If the stringer gets too hot all at once, it melts before it even makes it to the bead to become a decoration.  If the stringer is too thin, forget about it, if it is too thick, it looks like - well - bad.  If it is perfect and I goof - the bead is ruined.  Well,  maybe not ruined.  I can always turn a goof into a beautiful flower!  haha

I should have something to show you by tomorrow.  The new beadies are in the kiln as I write and I can't wait to show them to you.  Even if they are horrible.  Practice makes perfect.

Have a wonderful evening.  I'm so happy my mouth is happy once again.  Horrible to live in fear of a tooth ache...am I right?

hugs
Suzanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...