Friday, January 27, 2012

Oatcakes - Yum - Not dry and/or crumbly




I've reworked a fabulous recipe for Oatcakes from my new cookbook by Heidi Swanson called "Super Natural Every Day".   These weigh about 10 lbs going in and coming out of the oven.  One is an entire meal.  haha   But they are fabulous.  Not Gluten Free but could be made to be easily.

3C rolled oats - I used 3C Ancient Grain Cereal from Costco - check to see if gluten free
2C Spelt flour or whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
2 t fine-grain sea salt
1/4 C flax seeds - I left this out the first time I made them. There was no dif in taste
3/4 C chopped walnuts, lightly toasted - I used toasted pecans
1/3 C extra virgin coconut oil *
1/3 C unsalted butter *
3/4 C maple syrup *
1/2 C organic cane sugar *
2 large eggs, lightly beaten

*melt these together in saucepan til sugar is dissolved

Almost forgot - I added 1 C dried cherries

Spoon dough into muffin cups sprayed with healthy cooking spray - I used olive oil
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes (I bake for 31 minutes because muffin cups were over full)

350 degree oven
Cool in muffin tin
eat

YUMMMMM
xoxo
Suzanne




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...