Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kiln Running Smoothly!

I know - Finally, I fired up the kiln for the first time yesterday. It was quite an experience for me. I've never used a kiln before and it was probably a bit like the first time Thomas Edison lit the first light bulb. I wasn't sure what was going to happen ;-) many hahas.

The great things about this is - now I can actually sell my beads and my followers can be assured they are purchasing kiln annealed glass beads that are durable and will last for centuries if handled, of course, with care. They ARE glass afterall - right?

The thing I love about glass making is the love that goes in to each bead. Each bead is a treasure to me - a lesser child, if you will.

One thing I know for sure - you follow the Masters until you emerge from the endless copying. I'm sorry for copying but, how can I learn lest I learn from the best?

My journey continues. hugs

Later then, til the morrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...